· Manage every aspect of the Ambassador’s daily, short term, and long term agenda
· Assist with the management and coordination of Embassy-wide projects and initiatives, as coordinated by the Chief of Staff
· Develop processes for effective follow-up and collaboration within the Embassy- with the Ambassador’s Advisory Team, the US government, Congress, think tanks, NGOs, and the public at large
· Evaluate on an ongoing basis, the scheduling operations and workflow within the Embassy
· Recommend and implement ‘best practices’ for scheduling that incorporates technology and marketing needs
· Take full ownership of planning the Ambassador’s and Senior Advisors’ schedules weeks in advance
· Update and reprioritize the schedule as advised and seen best
· Coordinate said agenda with the Chief Security Officer.
· Seek opportunities to optimize and improve efficiency among senior staff schedules that include the Ambassador and other visiting government officials
· Represent Embassy staff and agenda with poise and professionalism
· Keep embassy staff abreast of all scheduling activities and requests.
· Prepare detailed itineraries for the Ambassador, including contact names, numbers and locations.
· Synchronize embassy events in conjunction with the Head of Communications & Monitoring, Social Secretary, Senior Protocol Officer, and security staff
· Ensure that the Ambassador is provided germane briefing materials prior to each event in coordination with pertinent embassy staff.
· Receive from junior staff briefs on incoming correspondence via phone, email and relay pertinent information to relevant senior staff
· Maintain a database of invitations-accepted, declined and pending
· Maintain the Ambassador’s files/databases to include travel documentation, contact correspondence, and relevant meeting notes.
· Coordinate travel for the Ambassador’s family including security and trip itineraries.
· Perform duties as needed.