The Social Secretary is responsible for managing the Ambassador’s social calendar, including official and unofficial dinners, receptions, invitations and RSVPs, and guest lists. The Social Secretary also prepares birthday/condolence notes, and gifts on behalf of the Ambassador and assists in developing the Ambassador’s trip briefs. The Social Secretary is required to work closely with his/her direct reports, Advance Person and Scheduling Officer, as well as the Senior Protocol Officer, PR & Media Relations Specialists, and Security Personnel.
- · Manage Ambassador’s social calendar, including official and unofficial dinners, receptions and other events outside of official meetings. Maintains invitation/RSVP log, and Residence-hosted guest lists. Prepares invitation decision-memos for Ambassador’s decision on attendance.
- · Assists in planning for Ambassador’s guests and coordinates Ambassador’s schedule with trip planners. Works closely with Senior Protocol Officer, Scheduler, Advance Person, Social and Cultural Team, and PR & Communications to ensure synchronized planning.
- · Arranges for transportation and accommodation of VIP visitors
- · Ensures smooth execution of Ambassador’s schedule
- · Assists with organizing Ambassador’s official events in coordination with Chief of Staff, DCM, Social and Cultural Office, and other event planners
- · Formulate events’ guest lists for Ambassador-hosted events and manages RSVP/attendance.
- · Determine event location and dress code
- · Send invitations and arrange to receive visitors
- · Arrange seating plan based on ranks, positions and guest relationship in coordination with Senior Protocol Officer
- · Determine order of speakers (if applicable)
- · Maintains continuous liaison with Residence staff for event planning and execution.
Other Related Tasks
- · Prepare, on behalf of Ambassador, birthday/ condolence notes, gifts and salutations
- · Develop, in collaboration with PR & Media Relations Specialist, Ambassador's trip briefs
- · Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholder secretary counterparts in order to stay apprised of significant life events (e.g., birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
- · Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. Public Relations, Communications, Journalism)
- · Political Science or International Affairs Studies are highly preferred
- · 10+ years’ experience as protocol specialist
- · Proven experience in hands-on event planning and team management
- · Proficiency in both Arabic and English