Position title: Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute (PKSOI).
Location: U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, PA
Period of Performance: May 2017 – May 2018
Job Description and Duties:
Develop and maintain a Running Estimate of current and future world-wide peace operations. The Running Estimate will be maintained in a database and website which will identify issues, lessons learned, best practices across the Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, Personnel, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) spectrum.
Review current peace operations and use a functional analysis to analyze gaps in United Nations and African Union Peacekeeping capability, and shall identify operational shortfalls in meeting mission mandates and make recommendations to eliminate the shortfalls.
Review books, journal articles, newspaper articles, web-pages, published reports, academic papers, monographs, etc, in order to identify salient inputs to the Running Estimate.
Coordinate with the U.S. Army War College G-9 for the purpose of interviewing International Fellows and capturing lessons learned/best practices from participants in United Nations or African Union peace operations missions.
Compose detailed reports on findings and recommendations based upon
Attend conferences, workshops, after-action- reviews, etc regarding peace
operations and apprise the PKSOI staff, to include contractor, attendance/
Assist PKSOI peace operations-related projects. This assistance may include, but are not limited to, preparing and executing PKSOI-sponsored events, attending meetings, conducting after-action- reviews, reviewing documents, and assessing emergent UN missions.
Develop point papers, concepts of operations, invitation memorandums, meeting minutes, information papers, and decision papers.
- Research experience, to include the demonstrated ability to analyze information from multiple sources and synthesize into a written product, as evidenced by resume.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Staff planning and management experience at the O-6 Command or above-level, or civilian organization equivalent.
- Familiarity with UN peace operations
- Graduate of the Army’s Command and General Staff College, or like educational institution found across the joint community.
- Experience with military operations
- Bachelors Degree.
Point of Contact: Miklos Kiss, 703-975- 7928, MKiss@act-i.com