A new resource from the FAO Association providing a wide range of career information for all experience levels
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) supporting the Department of Defense and other agencies that require rigorous and objective analysis of national security issues.
This position is in IDA’s Intelligence Analyses Division (IAD). IAD supports the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and other U.S. Government Agencies by providing analyses of critical intelligence and national security issues. IAD is engaged in cross-disciplinary activities across a wide range of national security and intelligence issues including: programmatic assessments; technical evaluations; social science research; strategic analysis; physical, cyber, and human threat evaluations; and open source exploitation. Short and long term sponsoring arrangements with U.S. Government entities provide a steady stream of intellectual challenges for the IAD staff in the furtherance of national objectives and for identifying opportunities to improve public sector performance.
IDA seeks candidates for a Research Associate (RA) position within IAD. This position will work as a member of a team of highly experienced, full-time professional staff members who are working on projects for the DoD and the Intelligence Community. Primary work will be accomplished in Alexandria, VA at the IDA headquarters in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility.
The RA is a member of our full-time professional staff. The RA will typically work as a member of one or more study teams under the leadership and direction of a senior study leader and other, more seasoned analysts. The RA is expected to be adaptable and self-motivated, demonstrating a capacity for independent thought, sound judgment, and creativity in applying quantitative and qualitative analytical methods to complex policy problems. The RA must be capable of operating unsupervised on assignments for which he/she is qualified.
The RA will: contribute to research teams with information gathering research in primary sources, various analyses and databases; participate in various analytical fora, meetings and briefings; capture results and insights for future analysis and presentation; and draft reports and briefings meeting all deadlines. Accordingly, the RA is expected to demonstrate: knowledge of strategic and military issues in one or more geographic areas; proven academic research skills; excellent oral and written communication; and competency in the use of supporting information technologies. An academic or professional background with Russia is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Strategic Opportunities International is looking for a DDRR Advisor to provide subject matter expertise and to advise the Government of the Central African Republic (CAR) on implementing, overseeing, and coordinating its national DDRR program, known by the French acronym PNDDRR. The goal is to embed the DDRR Advisor in the President of CAR’s Executive Unit for DDRR. However, the DDRR Advisor may temporarily to work from the U.S. Embassy Bangui, or any other Government-approved in-country location, until such arrangements are finalized.
This task order carries a significant degree of risk. CAR is designated a high-threat post by Department of State’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and experiences considerable political instability that could affect the safety and welfare of contractor personnel. Limited medical care and evacuation assistance exist on the local market. The contractor shall be aware that while there is a permanent U.S. Diplomatic presence in CAR’s capital, Bangui, there should be no expectation of a USG-assisted evacuation for contractor personnel operating outside Chief of Mission Authority. The contractor shall take significant security precautions and coordinate closely with UN Missions, U.S. Embassies, and with the Department of State COR to mitigate risk and safeguard its personnel and operations.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working partner militaries, armed groups or governments in Africa or other post conflict countries (Africa preferred).
At least ten (10) years’ experience working DDRR processes or related projects.
Two (2) years’ experience training or advising foreign militaries or governments.
Fluent French and English speaker, English and French fluency shall be to DLPT 3/3/3 or equivalent.
Demonstrated prior professional experience requiring excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
If interested, apply on-line at: http://www.strategicopportunities.net/opportunities.html
*Maritime Maintenance and Logistics Advisor (MMLA) for the Togolese Navy. ***
Total compensation $200+K. Qualifications are listed below. If you meet the qualifications and are
interested, apply on-line at: http://www.strategicopportunities.net/opportunities.html
*REQUIRED PERSONNEL QUALIFICATIONS *
* Ten (10) years hands-on experience in operations and maintenance of
Defender and Shark Boat watercraft required.
* Ten (5) years experience repairing and maintaining inboard and/or
outboard engines required.
* Two (2) years experience developing and/or delivering training
* Two (2) years working in Sub-Saharan Africa or a post-conflict
* Speaks and writes French at an intermediated level (2-2).
*Crime Scene Management Mentor Wild Life Trafficking Tanzania***
Total compensation $200+K
Qualifications are listed below. If you meet the qualifications and are interested, apply on-line at: http://www.strategicopportunities.net/opportunities.html
* Ten (10) years experience and technical competence in processing crime scenes, including wildlife trafficking.
* Experience developing and/or delivering training modules required.
* Experience working in Tanzania, Sub-Saharan Africa or developing countries.
*Mali: Maintenance Advisor, supporting Battalion Automne Forces Speciales (BAFS).***
*Qualifications for BAFS Maintenance Advisor:*
* At least two (2) years maintenance experience on vehicles such as
the Toyota Hilux
* Five (5) years experience working in Africa, post-conflict, and/or developing nations.
* Five (5) years hands-on experience working as an enlisted member or
officer of the U.S. military.
* Two (2) years experience developing and delivering training modules to foreign militaries. Experience may be demonstrated by serving as a 91Z5 Chief Instructor or equivalent.
* Two (2) years experience advising foreign militaries.
* U.S. citizen capable of maintaining a Secret clearance.
Operational Advisor, supporting Battalion Automne Forces Speciales (BAFS).***
*Qualifications for BAFS Operational Advisor:*
* Five (5) years experience working in Africa, post-conflict, and/or developing nations.
* Ten (10) years special operations experience.
* Two (2) years experience advising foreign security or surrogateforces.
*Intelligence Analysts for Chad, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Tunisia*
*Qualifications for Military Intelligence Advisors:*
* Ten (10) years hands-on U.S. military intelligence, or civilian Intelligence Specialist, experience at the S-2, G-2 or J-2 battalion level, or higher.
* Two (2) years experience in a joint military environment.
* Two (2) years experience advising foreign military or government.
* Two (2) years experience providing training in an overseas environment.
* Professional experience writing business documents, such as reports,
SITREPs, briefings, AARs, memoranda, letters, electronic mail, and training
material, for consumption by military Commanders or civilian managers.
* Professional experience presenting briefings, SITREPs, training, and
AARs for consumption by military Commanders or civilian managers.
* Highly-rated teamwork and collaboration skills, as demonstrated by
awards, or above average performance reviews.
* Two (2) years experience working or living in Africa, post-conflict, and/or developing nations.
Location: MENA Region
Role: Apply joint military expertise through onsite consulting assistance overseas. Provide client delivery by coordinating and providing support to combined and joint international personnel. Apply expertise in writing and briefing development and delivery, lead complex tasks, and promote teamwork by collaborating with onsite assigned personnel.
Clearance: Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Contact Robert Bosworth: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSCA is looking to hire Program Analysts for service at EUCOM and AFRICOM Headquarters in Stuttgart Germany.
Specialists would be responsible for participating as a member of the GCC staff supporting Security Cooperation concept design, partner nation assessments and initiative design.
Detailed information is available on USA JOBS here:
Excellent opportunity to join a great team dedicated to improving the DoD and continue to have national/international impact using skills acquired through FAO tours/training. DoD Deputy Inspector General for Overseas Contingency Operations is looking for a motivated and mission-focused professional to serve as a Senior Liaison Officer in the NCR. Listed under Program Analyst for DoDIG in USAJOBS. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525990300
Senior ELT Project Manager - Jubail, Saudi Arabia